Recent Updates for The Paint Estimator
and the new features that have been introduced.
- New option to where you can add customers on the customer database page to a list for jobs that need scheduling. For more on this, please see What's new in version 220.127.116.11 "Customer Scheduling Feature"
- For those who are getting old like myself and your eyes are going bad, you can now increase the default font size to enlarge the text. This will work for most but not all the controls on the program.
- New Windows 11 Themes "WXI" & "WXI Compact"
- Scale factor - Able to increase the padding on textboxes and other items. By default, this will be enabled. To turn it off, go to the program settings and look for this option under user settings.
- New expense report for employees. Shows the pay they received by year
- Added a few more options on the expense form for when you are paying an employee. Sick Pay, Holiday Pay and Bonus Pay.
- The Company Info form is now sizable
- Added the group cost to the estimate print details report. It now displays just like you see in the estimate
- Two new options to view all your job notes and daily notes for all your estimates. From the main menu, click the view menu for these new features.
- Many small minor improvements through out the program
- Removed the mask template for the email box on customer input form. Was causing some issues for certain email address.
- Fixed issue when the save dialog is closed by canceling and the save button is still disabled
- Fixed issue of when you selected a customer from the existing customers drop-down box and some other customer was loaded.
- Fixed the issue of the bottom numbers not updating when filtering or grouping items on the customer database page
- Removed the menu bar on the left of the start up page. Was not needed as all the items on that menu are in the top menu
- For the profit and loss simple and two year reports. Payroll that does not include a job number are now counted in the Payroll overall. Prior to this version, it was counted as other overhead.
Release Date: 03/07/2021 - Minor Update
- New option to where you can add daily notes to the job hours page. For more on this, please see Tips & Tricks "Date Tagging Feature"
- Changed the way the charts work on the customer database page. They now will represent the filtered data in the customer database grid. This really is not a bug, just a minor change
Release Date: 02/01/2021 - Minor Update
- Added a method to import all your estimate items to your proposal. For more information on this method, please check out the help file and under "Create Proposals" click on "Import Estimate Data"
- Added a new option "List Mode" for those who would like to use numbered lists that continue on multiple pages. For more information on this method, please check out the help file and under "Create Proposals" click on "List Mode"
- Fixed the issue of the app crashing when focus was set to the proposal details items
Release Date: 12/11/2020 - Minor Update
- Added a Year View to the Scheduler.
- A few minor UI changes
- Fixed the issue of not being able to add decimal points to a new employee job wages when adding a new employee to your company.
Release Date: 10/04/2020 - Minor Update
- Added a calculator to the job hours page that converts hours to decimal and decimal to hours.
- Able to add 2 decimal spots for the actual job hours you enter.
- Fixed an issue of the custom templates from not showing on the job materials page
Release Date: 8/04/2020 - Minor Update
- Brought back the Hourly Calculator for the free entry estimating method.
- A new welcome form for new users. A few helpful links to get setup quicker.
- Added the missing folder "Videos" to the installer
- Included the most up to date help file, prior version's was outdated
- Changed the way the news works, it's no longer being displayed as an alert window in the lower right hand screen, it's now just a drop down panel
Release Date: 7/12/2020 - Major Update
Just Some of New Features for The Paint Estimator V2
- Removed the owner and replaced with company
- Use either the Imperial or Metric system "Beta"
- Comes with Sherwin Williams materials list
- Be able to add staff members that are not painters
- The ability to change the default working hours in a day
- Use sub-contractors in your estimate
- New Calendar where you can sync with Google Calendars
- Be able to disable or enable workers comp for each employee
- Be able to set yearly hours for each employee - Great for that summer help
- Many more themes for the program
- Improved Job Hours and Materials page to provide much more details
- A new expense register that lets you track all expenses for your business
- Be able to print labels for left over cans using your own printer and Avery labels
- Added a rental category to the materials fields
- Improved file sharing for when your company uses more than one computer
- Added an exterior calculator similar to the interior room calculator
- Be able to add profit to materials purchased
- Be able to add Credit Card fees to your estimates.
- Improved Job Scopes to create proposals faster